Aren't they the cutest couple?
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Aren't they the cutest couple?
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Daren and Miles.
(Can you tell Daren has 4 older siblings? This is his rock star face!)
Me and my Godson.
- Just in time for Thanksgiving, when asked what a turkey says, Miles replies "gobble, gobble." His ECFE teacher, Lisa, was impressed by this feat as these are hard consonant sounds to pronounce for a little guy.
- Last week Miles wore his "I'm going to be a big brother" t-shirt to school and boy was he in for a lot of attention. I think every teacher and parent stopped by to check him out that day. The director of the daycare was so excited and exclaiming loudly that Miles actually got scared and started to cry. Poor guy - he was wondering why everyone was making such a commotion around him. His teacher reported that by the end of the day he was looking down at his own shirt and pointing at it, trying to read it.
- Another day at daycare the note home said "Miles was very silly today - walking around on his knees and talking on his phone. He also enjoyed reading books about being a big brother." This daily note made me smile.
- Miles is now officially a climber. Not only can he scale stairs but he also has usurped Ruby from her perch on the ottoman as he launches his little body on top. Once up there he's not satisfied with sitting quietly but excitedly stands up and once up can't help himself but to squeal in delight and pride. It's so cute it's hard to enforce "sitting on your bottom."
- We may have a future choir boy in our family. Grandma Nickolay taught him to sing "Row, Row, Row Your Boat." He only sings the row, row, row part for now but sings it often in his sweet little voice while swaying his head back and forth.
- He also does all of the actions to a song that tells him to tap his toes, slap his knees, clap his hands and twist his wrists.
A week in review
What an eventful week - no wonder we're all tired this Sunday night! We made another trip to the doctor's office last Wednesday because Miles had the worst diaper rash he's ever had. His poor little bum was so sore. The doctor prescribed "Magic Butt Cream" (yes, this is the official name on the jar for this concoction ). It's a mixture of hydracortisone cream, zinc oxide and an anti-fungal cream that the pharmacist mixed up for us. We've let Miles run around naked more (he loves it so much I was calling him "Adam") and applying the cream often.
Friday night we had the Lemke family of 7 over to celebrate Daren, my Godson's, 2nd birthday. It was a fun and lively evening and Miles fit right in running around with all of the other kids. Happy 2nd Birthday Daren! Saturday Mike and I volunteered again at the annual Fraser gala at the Hilton downtown. It's fun to get dressed up and do some good for a great cause. Graham was kind enough to babysit and he and Miles had a blast. Thank you Uncle Graham! After our volunteer shift was over Mike and I ate at Vincent, a french restaurant on Nicollet Avenue. Yum, delicious! Today, we had my parents over for a lunch of comfort foods and to watch the Vikings lose (again).
My due date is May 13 so I'm 15 weeks at this point and feeling good. My stomach (and other body parts) are protruding more at this point then in my pregnancy with Miles. Wearing maternity clothes feels pretty comfy at this stage. My next doctor's appointment is December 2 and on the 22nd is our big ultrasound to find out if we're having a boy or girl. We can't wait!