We had a fun and busy weekend. Yesterday we went to my cousin Troy's wedding and danced the night away. Today the boys went to Baldwin, WI to pick up Mike's new hobby - a 1968 Ford pick-up. Miles was beyond thrilled to hang out with the guys, hook a trailer to grandpa's truck and ride along. Hadley, my mom and I went for girls time to the Arboretum and despite the heat enjoyed the flowers. With two little ones it's nice to spend quality 1:1 time with each of them.
The things they say...
- "Mom, you're the best cooker. That was the best pie." (I made homemade peach pie this week.)
- After eating at McDonald's with the guys for the first time today, Miles came home and told me "it's a very good restaurant. We should go there sometime."
- When you ask him what kind of truck daddy bought, he simply says "a Ford."
- Miles has gotten really good at racing and weaving his Razr scooter up and down the hall and around the furniture. Today I said to him "you're good at riding your scooter." He replied, "yeah, I am."
- Belly flops are "tummy flops"
- Hadley purposely dumped her water on the floor tonight and when Mike told her to pick it up she yelled "never!" and ran away.
- When she's whiny or upset she repeats "mamamamamamamama" even if she doesn't want me or I'm not around.
- She counts to 11 easily, knows all of her colors although wishes that everything in the world came in pink, and makes up songs and often sings to herself - especially in the car.
|Hads and I enjoying girls day|
|My dad and I at the wedding|
|Me and my sis|
|I don't know who's more excited about the new truck - Mike or Miles|
|Exploring the hosta gardens at the Arboretum|
|Pretty girl ready for church|
|I think someone's in love...|
|This is one sweet, little lady|
|The truck at our house|