Sunday, March 20, 2011

Baby & Big Boy

This is how our sweet boy wakes up from his naps most days.

Happy boy in his crib.

These may be some of the last photos of Miles in a crib. Where has my baby gone? Saturday Miles officially entered the realm of a "big boy" when we went to Slumberland and bought him a twin bed. We'll start transitioning him to this next weekend. This is all part of our master "prep for new baby" plan which we chipped away at more this weekend. Also accomplished - baby girl's clothes (the gender neutral hand-me-downs from Miles) are now washed and put away in her dresser.

This week at ECFE our topic was language development. 18-24 month olds should be starting to say 2 or more word sentences. I knew Miles at 20 months was doing this but I spent the last 2 days recording these little sentences. Here they are:
  • No Ruby.
  • What's that?
  • Where did it go?
  • I love you.
  • Clean up.
  • All done.
  • Hi Mommy (or Daddy or Auntie, etc.)
  • Bye Mommy (or fill in blank)
  • Big truck.
  • I'm stuck or It's stuck.
  • Thank you.
  • Mommy cup.
  • Bless you.
  • I got you.
  • Here you go.
  • One more minute.

At my 32 week doctor's appointment this week by regular OB was on vacation so I saw a different doctor. She measured me at 36 weeks! To double check things I had an ultrasound on Wednesday and the baby's measurements all were calculating exactly to my due date, May 13. So either this doctor measured differently then my normal OB or I ate a lot on vacation in Texas (both probably true). This little one now weighs 4 lbs and is looking very healthy. We got to see her little, sweet face in 3D and the ultrasound technician confirmed the presence of "a little hair" on her head. She's already head down and looks pretty squished but comfy.

In case she asks me 15 years from now I thought I better record what I've been craving this pregnancy. Oddly enough turkey sub sandwiches. My normal, non-pregnant self usually stays clear of turkey lunch meat but I always want to eat it now. I can't bring myself to buy it at the store but a turkey sub from a sandwich shop always sounds good. Mike would also say that I crave sweets of any kind - which I guess is true but unfortunately is also true when I'm not pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker