Sunday, June 5, 2011

June!

My happy boy.

My little doll. All dressed up hanging out with mommy!

Helping in the kitchen.

Miles' new goofy face.

Taking a bath.

All clean!

Finally splashing in the kiddie pool.

Time goes by so quickly sometimes. Hadley is already 3 weeks old. Miles amazes us everyday with the new things he says and does. And June is here! This week I tried to remember and record the special moments with my two little loves. These things are so easy to overlook and quickly can slip away unnoticed amidst the busyness of everyday life. Here are some of these moments.

Miles
  • Singing all day long - "Mary Had A Little Lamb," "ABCs," "Twinkle, Twinkle"
  • Playing music, spinning in circles and when the song ends clapping and saying "yeah!"
  • Crawling on the floor, acting like a kitty and wanting to be pet on the head.
  • Reading "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" and getting all of the words right - "Brown bear, brown bear what do you see? I see a red bird looking at me..."
  • Feeding Hadley early one morning I was watching a movie in which a baby was crying. Hearing a baby cry woke up both Mike and Miles. We heard Miles say "where baby go?" He's always very alert and concerned for Hadley's well-being. He's a protective older brother already!
  • Saw a picture of me and my siblings as young children and correctly identified all of us by name. So smart!
  • Mike asked him what he wanted for breakfast and he replied "ice cream."
Hadley
  • During tummy time she turns her head from side to side.
  • This week I felt like she smiled at me purposefully for the first time. She crinkles her eyes and her whole face lights up when she smiles.
  • Loves to lay her head on our shoulders and snuggle in with her little butt sticking out. I think she's comforted by the warmth and our heartbeats.
  • When snuggling against me she often slings her little arm around over my shoulder - as if she's giving me a hug.
This week our family made our first two outings together. Mike and I are quickly realizing that getting us all out of the door will now take more planning and time. I also am so incredibly amazed and thankful for all of the kindness and generosity everyone has shown to us since Hadley has been born. We are very lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker