Sunday, June 10, 2012

Maiden Voyage

Life is passing by so quickly with so much going on - I didn't want to leave out a cool thing Miles and I did during the week I had off before starting my new job.  Since Hadley was born, Miles and I don't get a lot of 1:1 time like we used to so I wanted to have a special day - just me and him.  I took him to Nickelodeon Universe one morning for a mom and son adventure.  He wasn't scared and we enthusiastically rode on 8 rides that morning.  He loved Dora's train but wasn't satisfied with only sticking to the littlest rides.  He initiated going on the Ferris Wheel.  I wasn't sure he'd like it but once we were a few stories high I put my arm around him (the bucket didn't have seat belts) and he said "mom, don't hold on to me!"  I couldn't help it - I wanted to protect him but also show him what a great time I was having with him.  We spent about 2 hours there before going to lunch.  I told him he could eat whatever he wanted and he chose cheese pizza.  He probably won't remember this special day together - but I will and hopefully there will be many more in the years to come!

The big news in our household this week was that we got a few trees taken down in our backyard to kick-off a major landscape project.  The tree trimmers were climbing so high in our trees - we sat by our windows captivated for a couple of hours watching them.  
Since Hads is a biker girl we tried Miles' old helmet on her.
 We went to the cabin for the weekend and it seems just in such a short span of time Hadley is now standing up independently (and does it often), has taken more tentative steps without holding on, blows kisses to all of her adoring fans often, makes a clicking sound when she sees or hears us talking about horses and her top 4 teeth have broken through.
So proud of her new skill.
 Here is the "after" picture with our new/old pontoon boat.  Look back at the blog a couple of weeks ago for the "before" picture.  We took it for its' maiden voyage this weekend.  It wasn't only the pontoon's first time in the water since we purchased it - it was also Hadley's first time riding on a boat.
Here we are launching it in the water.

We're ready to take it for a spin!

Hadley and Miles are suited up and enjoying a snack as we leave the dock.

A few minutes later we had engine problems and Mike and my dad started to row us ashore.

The kids didn't care - they were busy snacking and watching the spectacle.
 We made it safely back to shore and the wires that were loose were reconnected.  We did actually take it our for a real cruise the next day.
Enjoying the water.

Of all the new things Hadley is doing and discovering - this is one of the funnier ones.  She now realizes she has a belly button!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker