Sunday, May 3, 2015

Spring Sun

Saturday we spent the day and overnight at the Sievers - playing outside, watching the Kentucky Derby and the Mayweather vs. Pasquiao fight. The neighbor's westies were over and it was so cute to watch our 2 five-year old boys marching around the yard with matching puppies.


Lots of bubble blowing happened this weekend

Apparently five-year old boys love to wrestle and scrap with one another. Every time these two get together this happens. Sometimes it gets intense between the two of them and they don't know when to stop but this weekend they were all smiles.


I love this cousin picture.
We planted all of our flowers today and Miles and Hadley were really into it. The yard is looking as good as it gets! 

Someone is getting a little too big for the cozy coupe
Her pet worm


Both kids begged to buy a tomato plant so now they each have a pot and a living thing to take care of all summer.
The weather today went from 80 degrees with not a cloud in the sky to raining and even quarter size hail. We still wanted to stay outside though.

Time is going by so quickly watching our little people grow up! Hadley just completed her pre-school screening and passed with flying colors. Kindergarten 2016-2017 here she comes! Miles in the meantime is more than ready to start Kindergarten next year and in a couple of weeks we're ramping up to Kindergarten next fall with a sneak-peek at Kindergarten at Chanhassen Elementary.

I haven't been blogging as much as I used to because honestly - I've been doing this for six years. When I started I was pregnant with Miles (read - no kids and lots of free time). As each year passes I have less time to devote to this hobby that I used to really enjoy. Now I mainly enjoy recording what's happening in our lives and I love looking back at the pictures. We've been preparing for Hadley's 4th birthday for a few weeks now (4 is a really big deal - just ask Hadley). Looking back at her 1st-3rd birthdays brings back so many good memories (and I can't believe she had so little hair for so long!).

In funny Hadley news - she's a little actress although she doesn't even want to entertain the idea of being in show business. She actually can cry on demand now - for real. She say, "I'm going to make myself cry" and then she'll really go to a sad place and start sobbing. She also does this with being happy or excited - she really knows how to turn it on.

She also calls McDonald's - Old McDonald's and when we see one while driving she'll pipe up from the back and ask, "mom, can we go to Old McDonald's for dinner?"

Today I asked her to help me try on a few things at Target so she came into the dressing room and told me that if she says "good" that means she likes what I'm wearing. If she says "disgusting" that means she doesn't like it. A lot of what I tried on today was really disgusting. She however looked in the mirror and admired her sandals and outfit and announced that she was looking good.

She's also going through a phase where she doesn't really want to be away from me and Mike so she has separation anxiety during dance and swimming lessons. I know it's just a phase....

Trying on every one of mom's scarves.
Doing art projects
She put Mike's cap on and announced she looks just like cousin Nick
One Friday morning Miles chose Ruby as his Sequence partner
Meet Dashy and Paci - Hadley's two stuffed bears that she spends hours mothering.
Dashy often hits Paci and has to take a break.

1 comment:

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker