Sunday, December 6, 2009

Today Rice Cereal, Tomorrow College

Wow, this new high chair is cool!
(Thanks Aunt Annette & Uncle Roger!)

Ok, I'm ready now.

Give me the spoon, dad!

Yum! More please!

Done already?

After seeing Miles these last few weeks stop playing, talking and kicking every time we ate in order to stare at us eating I finally let my little baby take his next big step and eat rice cereal. He got his first taste of real food on Saturday. Miles' amuse-bouche consisted of 1 Tbsp. rice cereal and 4 Tbsp. breast milk - yum! We first let him get used to his brand new high chair which he loved and then I got to spoon feed him his first bite. When the cereal first hit his little tongue he made a face as if to say "what the heck is this stuff?!?" but then quickly opened his mouth for more. We were so delighted and excited I couldn't stop giggling. We think that he really liked it because he kept trying to grab the spoon and shove it back into his mouth. His first grown-up meal was a success and we couldn't have been prouder!

A letter from Miles
Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth. Ok, mom says I have to wait a little while longer for those. So instead can I please have some more rice cereal? And maybe a little mashed banana or sauced apple on the side? Oh - yum, yum, yum, yum, yum - I can't hardly wait! Dearest Santa I'd also like the coordination to put right into my mouth anything I can get my chubby little hands on . So many toys are too big - they just don't all fit in there even though I really want them to. Lastly, oh-wonderful Santa, I don't know too much yet about toys and clothes so all I really want for Christmas are for the hugs and kisses from everyone to keep on coming.

Love,
Miles

P.S. - I hope to meet you one day Santa. Mom says maybe next year when I'm a little older. Goodbye for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker