Sunday, December 13, 2009

Week 21

Miles Bennett is 5 months old!

Wow, these big boy toys sure have a lot of features!

Sunday morning snooze with mommy.

Peas - gross!

Hmmm, they aren't so bad the second time around.

Hugs for daddy.
Week 21
I love writing this blog every Sunday because it allows me to reflect on what we've done during the week, family and friends who we've seen and the new developments in Miles' life. Sitting down at my computer tonight, after a busy weekend, my screen saver displays a picture of me, Mike and Miles at the hospital right after he was born. Mike and I look happy and tired holding this little dark-haired peanut in our arms. Miles' eyes are open in the picture and he's gazing up at me. Fast forward 21 weeks - Miles is quite the charmer, giggling and snuggling with everyone who holds him, he actually rolled across the floor on Friday, and has now graduated to eating vegetables! Happy 5 month birthday Miles! Time zooms by when you're watching a little man grow.

The Storm
Just last weekend I was writing in a Christmas letter how I hope that we have snow for Christmas. I swear, Minnesotans have amnesia about how bad winter can really be otherwise nobody would live here. The snow came right in time for rush hour on Tuesday. I left work early at 3:30 pm to pick up Mike thinking that we'd maybe beat some of the gridlock. Instead we sat in traffic for 2 1/2 hours. There is nothing more frustrating then sitting in the car, watching the minutes tick by, when all you want to do is hug your baby. Luckily, we made it home safely and went straight to my parent's house for a lovely dinner. They hosted a small, neighborhood get together which was nice - I had to snap out of my crabby, work-and-bad-traffic mood in order to visit with our neighbors. Miles didn't seem to even notice that we were really late as he helped his grandparents greet their guests.

'Tis the Season
This is the season where everyone is racing around - going to holiday parties, fighting the crowds at the malls, making and eating a lot of sugar and trying to stay warm. We threw ourselves right into the craziness this weekend. Friday Miles and I went to Byerly's for lunch with my mom. We had at least 3 seperate workers stop by our table to admire Miles and his hair! Later in the afternoon Miles and I went to an ECFE pal's house for a playdate. It was fun to see the babies from class again and to have some mommy company too. Miles enjoyed getting his head pet by 7 month old Piper and spent some time bouncing vigorously up and down in her jumper seat. He was tuckered out that night from his big visit. I braved Costco and Target Friday night for a little Christmas shopping. We're close to finished (what did everyone do before Amazon.com existed?) but will have to make one more trip to the mall later this week.

Saturday was spent in a flurry of cleaning, cooking and laundry. That night friends Jill, Shawn and baby Nova came over for visiting and dinner. For Miles' dinner that night he added peas to his food repertoire. Initially he flashed us his "this is yucky" face but has since opened his little mouth for more, more, more. I had every intention of making all of my own baby food for him. Ha! It was organic baby food peas in a jar for Mr. Miles.

Today Miles woke up early and I was still tired so I propped him in bed next to me and he looked at my hands and played with my fingers. Mike was awake but after a few minutes Miles and I both dozed off and Mike snapped the picture above. Later, my dad, Rachel, Graham and baby Corey came over for the Vikings game and I did my Christmas baking. Actually I tried Christmas non-baking this year. I made oreo truffles, nut goodies, cashew sweet mix and dipped pretzels. Could my headache this evening been a result from a sugar high? Most of the goodies will be given to co-workers tomorrow for holiday gifts (otherwise I'd eat them all).

Here's to hoping everyone takes a few moments to do some deep, cleansing breaths this coming week (including me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker