Sunday, March 4, 2012

Finding the joy

Two events this week have thrown my world off kilter. In times of tragedy, stress and bad things happening to good people I turn to my family to find my joy. How can I not be joyful and thankful when I look into the faces of these little people?

I could have named Hadley "Joy." She's so happy and content - her sunny disposition rubs off on those around her. This week she continued to pull up on furniture and is now cruising along it and even went from standing at the ottoman to moving to the couch. She also waves bye-bye, is sometimes really dramatic (in a good, funny, dramatic sort of way) and loves to eat pancakes.

Miles is growing and now can't walk under our kitchen counter without ducking - his little self used to just cruise under it but now he's too tall. At dinner one night this week he looked down at his chicken, cous cous, berries and peas and announced "this is a healthy dinner!" This morning we were commenting on what a big girl Hadley is for eating pancakes like the rest of us. Miles stated "baby's growing bigger and will have M & Ms when she goes potty." He then proceeded to kiss his Mickey Mouse pancake.







No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker