Sunday, September 29, 2013

Our little growing Grays

This year we are enjoying the most beautiful fall.  The weather is still warm and as winter creeps closer I think we appreciate this wonderful weather more.  We have an Arboretum membership and have thoroughly enjoyed it.  Thursday night we had our first official family picnic dinner there (picnic backpack with checkered napkins and all). We picked a spot on top of a hill with a view of an old, red barn in the distance and trees and rolling hills as far as we could see.  Our view was not obstructed by roads or people or buildings.  The kids were absolutely delighted with this magical, sunset picnic and Mike and I enjoyed relaxing on the hill, watching the kids run and play.

This was a big week - our baby is growing.  Not only is she potty trained but we bought her a big girl bed today.  Driving home with the mattress strapped to the roof of our car I hid tears behind my sunglasses.  Taking down the crib is kind of an end of an era.  Hadley asked me, "can I still have my paci in my big girl bed?"  I told her of course she can.

I'm a little sad but the pure excitement of Miles and Hadley put me in better spirits. When we got home she helped us make her bed with a new pillow, sheets and comforter.  Miles was so happy that he snuggled in right next to her.  They played "house" with their beds this afternoon and we heard Miles tell Hadley, "I'll be right back little sissy."

Picnic at the Arboretum

So fun to run barefoot and free



Little goofballs

At Deardorff Orchard - our annual apple picking tradition


Tractor wagon ride

Miles was the apple picker this year - he filled the whole bag while the rest of us munched apples








So big in her little crib - last time in it...

Loving her new big girl bed



No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker