Sunday, March 16, 2014

Just the three of us

Mike got to spend a long weekend in Monterey, CA with his family for his nephew, Allan's wedding. Although I really wanted to go I needed to stay with my kiddos.  Have I mentioned lately how much I love them?  We had fun while daddy was away.  Wednesday Miles did so well at basketball.  He's been practicing dribbling and has improved in just a week!  Friday night we made mini pizzas and watched Wall-E and Saturday we went to the Sievers to play, ate ice cream, went to church and had Chinese takeout for dinner.  Miles and Hadley both like moo goo gai pan and cream cheese wontons (sans the cream cheese). Hadley, our adventurous eater, also tried the fresh spring rolls.

All about Hadley
She says the funniest things and is such a talker.  She can really fill the time with chatter on longer car rides - a 1 hour chat-fest is an easy feat for this little lady.  Although she's a big talker she sometimes mixes up words.  The funniest ones lately include calling yogurt parfaits "yogurt ballets" and Special K cereal "Special OK."  She's a vibrantly joyful child, loves and is good at puzzles and is tough - rarely crying when she gets bumps and bruises. She can write "H" for Hadley and just started drawing smiley faces.  This morning I asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up and she said "a doctor."  We then played doctor. Times have changed since I played this as a child because the first thing Hadley did was to grab a toy laptop and ask for my first name and date of birth.  Her pretend practice must have electronic medical records.

All about Miles
Miles is doing well in preschool.  His teacher describes him as conscientious and a kid who takes his time and doesn't rush through things.  He's writing his letters and numbers so well now - in looking at school work from last year to this year we were really impressed with the improvement.  He's finally getting more adventurous with vegetables and actually eats some everyday.  His favorites currently are edamame, cauliflower and carrots.  He also really enjoys building with legos - the taller the tower the better.  This week at school Miles is the star of the week which means we had to fill out a poster all about himself this weekend and he gets to be the line leader all week.  Here were his responses to all of the questions on his poster.  
  • favorite color: blue
  • favorite food: macaroni and cheese
  • favorite animal: husky pup
  • favorite place: the park
  • when I grow up I want to be: at a desk with my mommy
  • favorite thing to do is: pet my dog
  • if I had one wish, I'd wish for: candy
Here are my quick phone pictures from the weekend.







No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker