Sunday, September 6, 2009

Turning The Corner

So sweet! A little nap after lunch.

Mommy put this onsie on Miles for good luck.

Little boy, big chair.

Comfy, cozy.

Miles doesn't look like a newborn anymore!

Look at that big belly!

Daddy and Miles spending quality time looking at the fan.

Who's a wascally wabbit?

Ok, Miles doesn't like the hat.

Miles and mama.





So here we are - another beautiful, summer Sunday. Mike and I just finished with a Labor Day weekend dinner - tossed salad, grilled turkey brats and watermelon - yum! Miles ate first and is snoozing now - perfect timing to write the blog. (Yes, notice the change in person. It's me, Sarah, always writing the blog, so I thought I would write as if I'm talking. Originally, Mike and I intended to share blogging duties but Mike isn't a blogging sort of guy. He does however edit and post all of the videos we make - so he gets credit for that!)

Yesterday Miles turned 8 weeks old! We did an unofficial weigh-in - first Mike stepped on the scale and we got his weight then he stepped on while holding Miles - and Miles clocks in at 12 lbs. So, without any further digressions we want to share our happy news.... Miles has slept 5 hours in a row each of the last two nights! It all started when Nancy, Jon and Emily babysat Miles Friday night while Mike and I went out for his birthday dinner at Kincaids (dinner was good but the food and service wasn't up to its' usual par). This marked a big occasion because it was not only Mike's 36th birthday it was also the first time we've gone out to dinner just the two of us since Miles was born. The Carlsons were wonderful babysitters and must have sprinkled some fairy dust on Miles (they maintain that they only gave him a sleepy time pep talk) because he slept from 10:30-3:30 am that night and last night too! This is a big deal because now we are really only getting up once at night. Hopefully I'm not jinxing myself by writing this.

This week I also started to track Miles' eating, sleeping and fussy times in order to start building up to getting on a schedule. I'm reading Good Night, Sleep Tight - a co-worker of Mike's swears by this infant/toddler sleep philosophy. I'm only a few chapters in so am just starting by being more aware of Miles' natural schedule so far. I've only been tracking things a few days but it's interesting how things are already falling into a pattern. One parent challenge addressed in the book is putting baby down for naps or bedtime in the drowsy but awake state instead of already totally zonked out so that they learn to put themselves to sleep in their beds. When Miles is swaddled he does this very well so far... More on our sleep as I get further in the book and Miles gets a little older.

In Miles' short 8 weeks of life he has already aquired many loving nicknames given to him by his mama - some of which are: Bebe, Baba, Mister Miles, Sweet Pea, Big Boy, Me-lay (spelled phonetically) and Milky. At any given time I also add "little" before all of these for a little more variation. Well, as my European traveling parents would say now "Ciao!"

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah!
    I am following your blog too now :) You will have to tell me how you like Chanhassen....

    Miles is a beautiful little boy!!!

    ReplyDelete

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker