Sunday, September 13, 2009

Two Months & Growing

So big!

Miles looking very serious as he poses for mommy's pictures.

Taking a little rest on his arm during tummy time.
Building those arm and neck muscles is exhausting!


We took so many pictures at Miles' baptism but never took any of him alone.
We recreated the day and put him in the gown again.

Baby Mauer!

Practicing using that throwing arm.

Miles turned two months old on September 11 and he's grown so much from those first couple days in the hospital. Although I'm not looking forward to him getting his first immunization shots at his 2-month well-baby appointment on Wednesday it will be fun to have his weight and height measured to see truly how much he's grown.

This week we moved on from the Cadillac of diapers, Pampers Swaddlers, to the Costco brand of diapers which are much cheaper. We calculated that we would save approximately $200 a year by buying the Costco brand. I was a little sad though to give up the Pampers - they are so soft and have cute, little Sesame Street characters' faces on them. I never thought I'd be attached to a brand of diaper so strongly! Our friend Jill is doing the tour de diapers with her daughter - trying many different brands to see what works the best and is the most economical. Even though Pampers are very nice Miles had blowouts (yes, up the back, clothes staining poops) wearing both brands. So I guess when it comes down to it a diaper is a diaper.

Miles attended his first birthday party this week and went to his first bar. As we were walking into O'Gara's in St. Paul Reece Witherspoon's line from the movie "Sweet Home Alabama" was running through my head - "you have a baby... in a bar!" To my relief the party was in a side room so Miles didn't have to belly up to the bar.

I only have 3 weeks of maternity leave left. I never thought 3 months could fly by so quickly. I'm not letting myself totally think about going back to work yet because when I do I don't want to go! This week my friends and co-workers Jen and Tia, along with her husband Pete, both stopped by to visit. It was great to see them and they were kind enough to bring us lunch and dinner - I love not cooking! Luckily, I have good friends at work which hopefully will help my transition back to the working world. That being said (I'm trying to put on a brave face) I think I'll buy a PowerBall ticket this week....

1 comment:

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker