Sunday, October 4, 2009

Too Short

Who's this preppy looking guy playing on the monkey mat?

Whoa! Look what I found!

Last night time bottle with daddy.

Playing with mama all day is exhausting!

Visiting daddy at work.

Ugly Doll.

Miles LOVES his Ugly Doll.

Doing tummy time with pal, Ruby, is fun.

Look at how high I can lift my head now!

I'm not ready for winter yet.

Lounging in the bath. Mom says you can never have too many bath pictures.

What a big boy!

Too Short

Three months is too short of a time to be home with my precious baby. This blog posting will be brief tonight because I'm feeling very sad. (Mike is describing my mood as weepy.) I have absolutely adored most every moment spent with Miles so far and since his birth have not been away from him for more then a few hours a handful of times. Tomorrow I go back to work and little Miles will head to Grandma and Grandpa Nickolay's house for lots of love and care. I know Miles will be fine - it's me who is a wreck about it. I would love it if my full time job were to give Miles kisses and hugs.

Last Baby Shower

My work gave me and Miles a baby shower on Thursday. Thank you to Jen and Tia (work friends) for hosting a truly lovely event. They made a slide show with pictures of Miles, we had Olive Garden lunch and cupcakes, played a game and everyone was so generous in giving Miles lots of gifts.

After the shower we stopped by Mortenson so Miles could see where daddy works. It's always fun to show your adorable baby off. Who doesn't love a cute baby?!

Ugly Doll

This week Miles discovered his arm. All of a sudden as we were drying him off after his bath on Wednesday his little arm shot straight up in the air and he was mesmerized. Ever since then, when he's lying on his back, his arm and hand is his number one form of entertainment. It's always his left hand in the air - we may have a left-hander....

At our ECFE class this week we made what I've dubbed Ugly Doll - a men's tube sock stuffed with newspaper with my rendition of a face drawn on it with non-toxic marker. Miles adores this new toy. He stares into Ugly Dolls eyes and gives him lots of smiles. He even has started grabbing for Ugly Doll - another developmental milestone.

So Sad

I dread goodbyes and tomorrow... If only I could have another three months, and another, and another...

1 comment:

  1. Little Miles is AWESOME!! Many good thoughts go with you tomorrow Sarah.

    Meghan

    ReplyDelete

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker