Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Night at the Nickolays - In Pictures

We spent Saturday night at my mom and dad's house. The whole family was there - Matt & Janelle came down from Moorhead and our honorary aunt and good friend Sharon Huse came up from Sherburn. The night started with a little ping pong... and continued with a lot of baby cuddling. Everyone loves to make Miles smile. Matt & Janelle met Corey, our sharp dressing newest family member, for the first time.
Mom and dad prepared a delicious feast of roast chicken and squash and Sharon Huse supplied the apple pie.
"The boys" hung out together while the adults ate dinner...
and the night concluded with an impromptu accordian concert by grandpa Dave. How many other grandbabies can brag that their grandpa knows how to play "In Heaven There is No Beer" on the accordian?


The rest of the week
Monday - Another fun ECFE class - I don't think I'll ever get tired of the "Hammer Song" and hanging out with a bunch of happy babies.

Tuesday - We brought a Buca feast to Rachel and Graham's house to visit with baby Corey and let Rach and Graham eat a meal together at the table. Mike and I rocked babies so that they could eat in peace. Corey is getting bigger every week and will soon catch up to Miles!

Wednesday - Miles turned four months old! I'm still amazed by my little miracle every day. He makes our lives so happy! I had my first night out with friends (besides book club) since Miles was born. I met Amy and Becky at Kincaids for happy hour and then we heard Barbara Kingsolver talk about her newest book The Lacuna at the Fitzgerald Theater in St. Paul. For those of you unfamiliar with Barbara Kingsolver I would highly recommed The Poisonwood Bible and Pigs in Heaven.

Thursday - Mike went to Old Chicago because they were featuring a new beer and my parents saved me from a dinner of cereal by inviting me and Miles to stay for dinner at their house - thank you!

Friday - I had the day off so during the day Miles and I hung out with Rachel and Corey. Our Firday night - after a full week of work and activities is it any surprise that our household is in bed by 8:30 pm?

So big!

New this week - Miles is starting to sit by himself.

Cuddling with his "lovey" the bear.

Even babies get bed head!
(In Miles defense, it's hard for a baby with a thick head of hair to keep it looking spiffy 24/7.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker