Sunday, January 24, 2010

Steam Mop Head

What? Do I have something on my face?!?

It's prune beard!

I think that I set an all time new record for lowest number of pictures taken of Miles in one week - only four this week and all of Miles with his prune beard. Pears and prunes were the two new foods he tasted this week and boy he sure thought they were yummy! There are two main reasons I didn't take very many pictures - 1) mommy's exhausted and 2) Miles is sick AGAIN! You can't tell by the huge grin he has on his face in the prune beard pictures (he's such a good baby!) but he went off of the antibiotic for his ear infection on Monday and by Wednesday the dreaded "daycare crud" was back. Since then he's had a low grade fever, congestion, a dry cough, lack of energy and snot, snot, snot. Poor guy - sleeping and drinking are just miserable for him. Last night he was waking up crying almost every hour. We took him into the doctor again today fearing that his ear infection was back but he was diagnosed with just the plain, old winter cruddy cold. The doctor said babies in daycare average two colds per month so basically by the time they are recovering from one, another will hit their little immune systems full force. This is definitely a huge drawback of daycare and cause of major mommy guilt. Due to exhaustion and illness our family did a lot of snuggling this weekend. Miles is growing so fast but he's still little enough to want to put his chubby little hands on my face and snuggle his head into my shoulder for a cuddle.

Steam Mop
At the risk of sounding like a 1950s housewife, I bought a steam mop this week (the Eureka Envirosteamer) and love it! Funny story - my sister, Rachel, and I both independently had the exact same experience with steam mops recently. We were both nursing late at night and surfing the channels to try to stay awake when unbeknownst to one another we were each sucked into steam mop infomercials. After being lulled by their wonderful marketing strategies we both went out and purchased steam mops. I used mine for the first time tonight and our wood and tile floors look great. The steam mops clean simply by steam so I don't have to worry about using chemicals with Miles around and even better - gone are the days of scrubbing on my hands and knees! I know that I'm an adult when I'm so excited over a cleaning product.

Mop Head
Miles continues this week to say "da da da da da." Sometimes it sounds like he's almost saying "Hi-ya Dad!" When I practice saying "ma ma" to him he stares at my mouth with a look of concentration but has yet to utter those words. The hair on his head is now at least 4 inches long and consequently, more often then not, he has the wild look going on. Is it time for his first haircut?

Facebook
Yes, I've entered the 2000s and am now on Facebook. So if you're on it too and we're not friends yet - please friend me!

1 comment:

  1. Does Miles have a part in his hair...it is so long?!! Love the prune beard!

    ReplyDelete

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker