Sunday, May 23, 2010

Two little angels

Playing with my cous.

Yum - a whole wheat quesadilla with veggies!

I love to bang, bang, bang my water cup.

Pals.

All boy - playing trucks.

I gently coaxed (ha, ha) everyone into a group picture
and then my camera was askew!

I'm Corey's proud Godmother.

Little Angel on his baptism day.
Daycare
Miles Bennett had another wonderful week. He is such an active guy now - all he wants to do is play, play, play! I picked him up from daycare on Thursday and he was standing next to a mirror mounted on the wall, excitedly banging his image and talking to himself. Another day we picked him up and as we left the preschool class was lined up, taking turns at the drinking fountain. As I carried Miles passed them the class was saying "bye Miles" "bye Miles." When I asked the teacher if there was another Miles in the school she said that our little guy is the only one and that everyone knows him. He's a popular guy!

Mike and I met with his teachers this week to discuss moving Miles into the older infant room. I was hesitant at first and had a long list of questions but his teachers are so wonderful that they sat with us for a half hour and addressed all of our concerns. Miles will be moving up a classroom with 4 of his little guy buddies - all born within 1 month of each other. In the older infant room all of the babies are on the same schedule and the class will follow a curriculum which includes dramatic play, story time, sign language, art, Spanish and outdoors time. I think Miles will be ready for the new activities and stimulation. Me on the other hand - I'm having a hard time thinking of my little baby as an "older infant!" He'll always be my little baby.

The weekend

These days I've been feeling a lot of stress at work so I live for the weekends. Friday Miles and I garaged saled with Rachel and Corey and had our last ECFE class. We've really enjoyed getting to know the other moms and babies and we're planning to stay in touch and continue to get together through the summer.

Saturday was fun because my brother and soon-to-be future sister-in-law were in town and we had brunch with Rachel and family and my parents at Good Day Cafe to celebrate Mothers Day/Fathers Day. Another example of my growing baby - he sat in a highchair at the table, picked up and looked at a menu and ate rice crackers when the rest of us were eating breakfast. He was such a good boy!

Today we were happy to be part of little Corey Samuel's big day - his baptism and I was very honored to be his Godmother. Corey was an angel throughout the ceremony and so was Miles. Although the temperature was in the 80s and the humidity very high we had a lovely lunch party afterwards at Rachel and Graham's house with many aunts, uncles, cousins, Sharon Huse and even Miles' and Corey's great-grandpa Nickolay. Miles was in such a party mood he did not want to nap at all today - when we got home in the late afternoon I thought for sure he would conk out but he stayed up and played with his cars on the couch. I just love that kid! By 6:00 tonight he was completely out and now Mike and I are wrapping up our Sunday "chores" so we can watch the season finale of Lost.

1 comment:

  1. We definitely have to get together!!! Kook at that big boy! I'm all done coaching softball. Lots of free time now!

    ReplyDelete

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker