Sunday, January 30, 2011

Slumber Party!




This weekend was all about me recovering and Miles playing. Mid-last week, after a week and a half of horrible congestion (aka no breathing, no sleeping) and a major headache I got on an antibiotic for a sinus infection and slowed my life way down. Through this miserable cold I kept up with work and our normal routine but by Wednesday was really run down. I took Thursday off and had a long weekend to rest and recuperate. I can happily say that I'm 100 times better then I was a week ago. This pregnancy has been going so well - I keep thinking I'm not really having any pregnancy symptoms but I am - I'm getting sick more often and am a lot more tired then I was with Miles. Maybe it's just that I'm the same amount of tired I was when I was pregnant with Miles but now I just have a lot less time to rest. Luckily I have a wonderful husband who is constantly encouraging me to take it easy!

Rachel and Corey moved in this weekend for a two-night slumber party. Thursday night when they arrived Miles ran around the house smiling and screaming in delight. He's so happy to spend time with his little best friend/cousin "Coco." The boys did a lot of playing and not much sharing of toys - but they'll learn.

I assume other parents say this about their own children too but Mike and I are constantly telling each other how lucky we are to have some a cute and wonderful kid. Miles makes us smile and laugh everyday. Quieter weekends like this one, where we're not chasing around constantly, really let us appreciate all of the little moments with him. Just today he surprised us with new words like bubbles and cracker. He also ate grapefruit and although sour wanted more (just like mommy!). We were laughing during bath time because we were asking him to repeat words back to us, like grapefruit, and he would really try but the words sounded nothing like the real thing. I'm sure the way he's growing it's only a matter of a few weeks before "grapefruit" rolls easily off his tongue. Today he also pointed to my belly when asked where the baby is and gave my belly lots of hugs. Enjoy our cutie in the videos below.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are feeling better! I can breathe now too....isn't it great? Funny story - I was reading your blog the other night and somehow accidently hit print. I totally forgot about it until the next day when Shawn said, "You must really like Miles' blog" as he held up multiple printed pages from your blog...oops! Now we just have some nice pictures to remind Nova who Miles is! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker