Sunday, February 6, 2011

Everest?

Hugging the baby.
Making Valentine's.

"Sit on your bottom. Feet belong on the floor." We must have uttered these sentences 100 times today. An overturned bowl - Miles will step on it. The end table - Miles will climb it. Any item in our house that is taller than one inch Miles has scaled. Trying to clean the house and do laundry today my back would be turned for a second and he would have the laundry basket overturned and be standing on its' precarious side. When he knows I'm looking he'll smile extra big and as soon as I say "feet belong on the floor" he scrambles off only to get right back on top a minute later. As soon as we take the basket away frustrated Miles comes out - screams, cries and big crocodile tears. Setting boundaries is hard on all of us!


One of many moment when Miles spoke right to my heart today was when we were making valentine's for his class at school. Miles colored the paper and I cut out the hearts. I gave him a heart to play with and he immediately put it to his chest and said "boom-boom, boom-boom." He's so smart and sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker