Sunday, February 27, 2011

Snow Day

Everyday I think I can't love Miles anymore - but I do! Miles' school was closed on Monday due to another blizzard so we got to enjoy a snow day together! We took advantage of the time by trying 2 new activities. First, I made homemade playdough and Miles dug in making holes with his fingers and squishing the playdough animals that I made him.
Next, I set up a water station so that he could splash. After about 5 minutes all of the water had been dumped on the floor but I think he had fun.
Our little man is maturing everyday. He is very aware when he goes "poo-poo" in his pants and expresses a lot of interest in everything "potty." One night, after bath he wanted to sit on the potty and although nothing happened he was so proud of himself. We really aren't pushing potty training yet because he's still so young but we're taking his lead and if he's interested we're happy to be more then encouraging. We're looking at purchasing toilet inserts so that he can sit on the toilet by himself soon.
Part of our morning ritual during the week consists of Miles helping himself to a breakfast bar and having a pre-breakfast snack before going to school.
Lucky me - I was home with Miles twice this week! (Working only 3 days a week would be my ideal situation - sigh...) In the morning we went to ECFE. I LOVE watching how much the children have grown. These little people used to sit like little blobs on their mom's laps during circle time. Now they are all running to pick out blocks from the bucket for the "bang-bang" song and enthusiastically shaking the parachute to watch the balls jump and bounce. Miles is a great participant. Lately, I have to drag him out of class crying because he wants to stay and play. His language skills are sky rocketing lately too with more phrases added to his repertoire. He now says thank you (and uses it at the appropriate times), here you go, and I love you. Here Miles is flossing his teeth in the morning with me.
Friday afternoon we went to the Eden Prairie Community Center and romped around the toddler area.

Ahh, a little piece of spring during this cold winter. Mike brought home the most lovely tulips for me. Miles and I both were left saying "wow!"
Saturday morning we trekked to Once Upon A Child to buy Miles some 2T summer clothes to wear in Texas. One purchase was this monkey t-shirt which he insisted on wearing today. Very cute.
Weekends are for relaxing and we did a lot of that. We also celebrated Ruby's 7th birthday!
Operation prepare for baby has finally kicked into gear. Luckily, my 3-hour glucose test came back negative so with a renewed spirit we started cleaning out closets, sorting baby clothes, purchased newborn diapers and bought Miles bedding for his upcoming transition to a twin bed. I also got a prenatal massage. The baby to-do list is still long but we're making progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker