Sunday, April 17, 2011

Before and After

Someone is being an extra helpful boy when mommy is trying to cook.
For some reason I was trying to hold off on getting my and Miles' hair cut until closer to the baby's arrival. I guess I knew I wouldn't have time to do these things once little girl is here. Well, I now realize I waited way too long with Miles. As you can see - his little ears are barely visible! Saturday morning, after much chaos here (more on that later) we went to Kids Hair for Miles' 5th haircut! He still hates them and cries in terror throughout but he comes out looking like a...
totally cool kid!


Saturday afternoon we hung out with the Sievers. I love Miles' hair short - you can see every inch of his adorable little face now.


Corey and Miles love playing with the exact same "toy." Here the object of desire was a plant stand they both wanted to squeeze into at the same time.


This studious guy loves ripping the glasses off of mommy's head - which leaves me blind but doesn't he look smart?


So Wednesday after work I had my 36 week doctor's appointment. The two takeaway quotes from the doctor were "Well, Sarah, this baby is going to be your personal best" (referring to her size). And "I wouldn't be surprised if I got a call this week that you're having the baby." YIKES! Yes, this was my wake-up call to get things in a little more order at home. I'm so tired all of the time that I don't feel like we accomplished much but Mike assures me we did. The fridge and freezer have now been cleaned, the cars are cleaned inside and out, the bassinet is ready next to my side of the bed, Miles got his haircut and my hospital packing list is sitting out.


Maybe we would have accomplished more if it had not been total chaos in our home Saturday morning. Miles woke up at 6:30 am and I got him out of bed and like most mornings we let Ruby outside to go to the bathroom. All of a sudden she bolted where I couldn't see her. I called Mike to go outside and find her. After much calling Mike hears yelping and barking and sees her run out of the woods with a coyote chasing her. The coyote stopped the pursuit once it saw Mike and Ruby ran into the house. She was acting really weird for the next hour, Mike and I were trying to crank out our to-do list and Miles was being especially "sensitive" aka needing to be held and having mini meltdowns about everything. After speculating what the heck happened with Ruby in the woods we examined her to find she had been bitten by the coyote a couple of times and has a few patches of fur missing. Long story short we called our vet who verified that her rabies vaccine is current and called in a prescription for an antibiotic for her to the Chan Vet Clinic. Ruby's fine now and our weekend improved tremendously after the initial chaos of the morning.


That morning I found myself talking to my belly telling this little girl - stay inside for awhile - it's probably much more relaxing in there then out here! Ideally, I'd love to get through the next weekend without going into labor but I know how much control I have over these things - none!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a crazy weekend! I hope the little girl behaves as you wish and stays inside for awhile! Hang in there!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you can have your little girl at the optimal time!! Will be thinking about you in the coming weeks, and will look for new baby pics on the blog!!

    ReplyDelete

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker