Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Unbelievable!

Tuesday evening Mike and I witnessed a big moment in Miles' life. Mike suspected he was going poo-poo in his diaper so asked him about it. Miles confirmed that indeed he was and Mike asked him if he wanted to go sit on his potty. Miles enthusiastically replied "yeah!" After sitting there a few moments he told us he was all done and had indeed gone poo-poo and pee-pee in the potty! We were all very excited and were clapping and hugging him. Way to go buddy!

We are taking a laid back approach to potty training since Miles is still so young and we're going through a period of transition. If he wants to sit on the potty - more power to him!
Everyday this little man brings us so much joy - he's awesome. Friday morning we made a rare exception to our "no TV before age 2" rule and watched part of the royal wedding. Miles was really into it - waving at Kate and William, squealing at the planes flying over the couple and making horse noises when he saw the parade of people walking towards the palace.


Wednesday morning, first thing in morning, I go into this little spitfires' room and he immediately scoots out of bed and goes right for the play-Doh saying "open Play-Doh please." No good morning mommy - he must have had the fun Doh on his mind all night. He then quickly moved on to demanding a "breakfast bar" which he happily waved in the air and then gobbled up. Before I left for work he was commanding"sit daddy." The little boy knows what he wants!

These two little bestie cousins got together for an impromptu play date. It's so fun watching them - they do less parallel play and interact with one another much more (besides trying to snatch each others toys). Can two boys be any cuter?

Our wait for baby continues. A couple of weeks ago my doctor said the baby could come at anytime. So I take this literally meaning the baby will be here soon! At my appointment Wednesday the quote from my doctor was "anything can push you into labor at this point." I'm further dilated and looking huge! So every moment I'm waiting, waiting, waiting for labor to get the show on the road. Friday morning I was finally showing signs of labor and after a call to the doctor's office we headed to the hospital to see if this was the real thing. Unfortunately, it wasn't and we were sent home after 2 hours. Going through a dry run - bags packed in the car, Miles with my parents - it was a little disappointing to have to go home without our baby girl. Baby girl - we're waiting for you!

To look on the bright side with no baby yet I got to kick off the official garage sale season with the Jonathan Festival of Garage Sales. Even though it was raining my mom, sister and I definitely did some power-garage saling. We bought so much that the SUV was full and we had to call in reinforcements - my dad to pick-up the rest of our purchases. I love deals and now have 2 kids to shop for - fun, fun!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on the potty Miles!!! If you wouldn't mind....if you know of any other good garage sales ahead of time, please let me know!! -Jill

    ReplyDelete

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker