Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hanging on to summer

We recently got Had's 3 month pictures professionally taken. Trying to wrangle a 3 month old and 2 year old to sit nicely and smile cutely for pictures was exhausting but we got some good photos. The next 5 pictures are just a few of my favorites and they are all courtesy of Sally Gruman Photography. MB is sleeping soundly in bed right now after a busy weekend. He keeps us thoroughly entertained these days by doing things like singing like a choir boy (holding one of his board books up as if he's reading it and singing loud and proud), singing his ABC's and counting objects up to 11. Most nights he compliments me on dinner saying "nice dinner mommy" or good cooking mommy." He also enjoys asking us to "clap your hands everybody" and play follow the leader. This week when I asked him where he lived he replied "Minnesota" and when asked how old he is he replies "2 more minutes." Ok, I guess we need to work on that one a little more but at least the number is right!

Here he is at Centential Lakes Park on Saturday walking through the maze. We've noticed that when he's nervous (not sure why he was nervous at the park) he sticks his hand in his mouth. (A nervous habit that is slightly better then mine - biting fingernails.)

Until I had to teach a 2 year old how to hit a ball off a T I didn't think about how coordinated you actually have to be to do it. MB did well but enjoyed fielding the ball (running after it as it rolled down the driveway) better then hitting.
This boy got new shoes this weekend and now wears an 8 wide! He also has been loving the first fall apples of the season. Yum - Zestar!HR, otherwise known by me these days as Rosie Lu, Rose Marie or Haddy Rose, is snoozing next to me on the couch right now, dressed in the sweetest pink rosebud pajamas courtesy of Great-Aunt Nancy. These days she is drooling buckets and chewing on anything she can get her little hands on - toys, pacifier and her fists. It's so amazing how she holds and handles her toys now. Mike felt 2 little nubs on her lower gums, hence the excessive drooling. Soon our little bunny will have her first 2 teeth.
She continues to primarily nurse but gets 3 bottles during the week at daycare. She's up to 7 ounce bottles now. She also sleeps through the night most nights. Here she is - bored with mom taking MORE pictures.
I'm thinking that I don't take quite as many pictures of Hadley as I did of Miles so I'm trying harder lately. I realized that part of the problem is she's not out and about on her own like Miles. So here she is at the park with mom and dad.
This girl is almost sitting up these days and she likes nothing more then to look around at all of the action. She also is rolling and will often sleep on her side in the crib. I love peaking at her in the morning. She will have rolled around in her crib so she's laying horizontally, snoozing on her side with her little feet up on the crib slats.
So, not to end on a downer but I watched some of the 9/11 coverage this week and it seemed to affect me more now then when the events actually happened. Ten years ago i was in my early 20s and wasn't a wife and mother. Having children I now realize more profoundly what a miracle life is yet how fragile at the same time. Watching the stories of families
saying goodbye to their loved ones lost on that day makes me so sad. I never want my children to feel this kind of pain, sadness, or loss but know that this is a part of life. Today we took some time to remember the events of this date 10 years ago. Like most things, life goes on and we also have celebrated happy times on this date - like Matt and Janelle's wedding. Happy 1 year anniversary!

1 comment:

  1. I swear I have this same baby-faced picture in my baby book!! Sarah she looks just like you at this angle & in this light!!!!
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker