Sunday, September 25, 2011

We're back

Our girl turned 4 months old!



Everything goes in her mouth these days.
We headed up to the cabin last weekend and dressed to face the cold.

Bundled up with grandma.


Nothing like playing on the beach in your winter coat and hat.


So cute in his new shoes and sporty vest.


Loves the new swing at the cabin.


Best buddies.


New jammies!


Today was so beautiful we headed to the apple orchard.
Hads was thrilled. Miles picked the tiniest apples off of this tree...




...and had a great time driving a tractor.


My 2 cuddlebugs.





Hugs on his own time


Mr. M is a very independent guy these days. He still loves to snuggle and give hugs but only on his own time. He does NOT want mom to just pick him up and hug him any old time. He's too busy!


As he gets older his vocabulary is ever expanding. It's amazing to watch someone learn a language right before your eyes. He is in a phase now where he narrates everything - he has this constant external dialogue going on which is often hilarious because everything he is thinking he says.



He's also going through a period of needing either mommy or daddy. This weekend in particular he was my constant companion (aka if we weren't together he was calling for me and wanted me to carry him around). He imitates everything I do. This morning, before Miles and I left for church, I squeezed Hadley's cheeks between my hands and gave her a kiss. Then Miles did the same. Jokingly, I gave Hadley pounds, Miles did the same. I then marched down the hall saying something goofy - and there my little buddy was - doing exactly what I did.





Other new things he does include: counting to 13 on a regular basis, "reading" his books (he has many memorized), saying prayers and wanting to know "where Jesus go?," and he tried walleye for the first time this weekend and LOVED it.





Laughter



The other day I was reading in one of my parenting books about everything a 4 month old should do at this age. Hadley was right on track with everything EXCEPT she hadn't laughed yet and at this age most babies "chuckle softly." This perturbed me a bit because she's such a happy baby and smiles easily and often. Are we just not that funny? Well, it finally happened. You can see the big moment on the video but Miles finally made her laugh this week. The video speaks for itself. She has now since laughed more and my face physically hurt today from laughing with her so much.





She is also rolling - both from back to front and front to back. Her main objective is usually to see what Brother is doing so she'll wiggle around until she has a prime view of him. She is very talkative and can be loud. We say everyday how lucky we are to have the cutest, sweetest daughter.





Hadley turned 4 months old! Overall, she's a very healthy girl but has had a cough for the past 3 weeks. After a couple of doctor's visits she's now on amoxicillin and is doing better. Here are her stats:






  • Height: 24 1/4 inches (50%)




  • Weight: 14 lbs 5 oz (70%)




  • Head: 16.14 inches (55%)



No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker