Sunday, November 13, 2011

The first bite

Our house is a little less destroyed then it was last weekend at this time - laundry is actually put away (mostly), leaves have been picked up and we're all on the new daylight savings schedule. The weekend was busy and fun. Miles can now open his own granola bar wrapper, open all door knobs, is obsessed with turning on and off the lights (he's always turning them off when I'm trying to change Hadley's diaper), and the little strongman rolled the real lawnmower all the way out of the garage and into the yard by himself.

Our sweet Rose turned 6 months old this weekend. I can't believe a half a year has gone by since she was born. Where has the time gone? Last week she had her first ear infection so has been on antibiotics. Even when sick she's still the same, sweet baby.

This weekend we celebrated Daren, my Godson's, 3rd birthday. Miles, Hads and I made a trip out to the Lemke ranch where we had a great time playing with toys, visiting the animals and eating cupcakes. Here Miles feeds his first chickens.
And Bronco the goat.

Miles couldn't get close enough to the goat. He wasn't hesitant around any of the animals and was running around just like one of the Lemke crew. Although I don't have pictures we also got to feed pumpkins to their 3 pigs.

It was a fun afternoon of celebrating.

Happy birthday Daren!

The most important first of the week was Hadley eating solids for the first time. I don't have to write a long narrative about this great event because the pictures tell the best story.


Hmmmm, I'm not so sure why mommy and dada are strapping me into this chair and acting so excited.

I guess I'll just be a brave girl and see what comes.

Ok, first bite - a little shocking but not too bad.

Mommy I want to hold the spoon!

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this organic rice cereal.

It's confirmed. I really don't like it.

We were happy to experience this exciting first food with our little daughter. Even though she wasn't overly thrilled with it we'll continue with rice cereal for a few days before moving on to something much more exciting like avocado or banana!


Happy 6 month birthday sweet pea! (After several failed attempts at getting Hads to sit up straight, smile, not suck on her toes and not crumple the sign this is the best picture of the group.)

Tonight we had dinner with my parents and the Sievers and the new game for Miles and Corey was to re-purpose the lawnmowers as riding toys. They then talked grandpa into giving them rides up and down the hall.

So, I'm not sure if the rice cereal upset her stomach or she's teething but Miss Rose is crying so that's the end for this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker