Sunday, November 6, 2011

Back home

Every year I'm one of the leads on a team that coordinates a huge conference at the Hilton Minneapolis. I just got home today and am exhausted. This year I was lucky enough to have my mom and Hadley stay with me at the hotel so that I could continue to nurse while working long hours at the conference. She was Miss Popularity at the hotel. New with Hadley - besides being super cute Mike and my mom both witnessed her get up on all fours briefly. Here my little snugglebug lounged in the king size bed.
Although I didn't really get to see him this week, Miles and Mike did come to the hotel to visit grandma and Hadley. Here Miles is just like mommy - conference badge around his neck and cell phone in hand.


I brought this huge bunch of balloons home for Miles and he spent a good part of the morning running up and down the hall with them. Reunited at dinner tonight Miles kept amazing me with the things he was saying. Here's a sampling of his sentences:


  • I'm Miles Bennett Gray.

  • I want to see where the moon is.

  • I want my privacy.

  • Good dinner mommy.

  • I asked him if he was glad we were eating together as a family. He responded, yes, let's big hugs.

  • I see Miles in the mirror. (looking at his reflection in the window)

  • I told Miles he had one more minute at the dinner table before it's time for bath. He yelled to Mike - start the bath! Get the water! I asked, are you bossing daddy? He replied. Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker