Sunday, November 20, 2011

Work to live

I've been reminded that I need to work to live - not live to work. The huge conference a few weeks ago zapped me of energy and I've had a bad cold and severe fatigue since because I haven't taken anytime to slow down. I'm now officially sick of being sick - I just don't feel like a good mother when I'm so tired all of the time and can't smooch my family. So, to fight this thing I'm going to work from home tomorrow, take my vitamins, go to bed early tonight, and hopefully with the upcoming long weekend get back to normal. This blog, like my energy supply these days, will be short.

On Friday, the kids and I had a pajama day. Hadley briefly rode Miles' tractor but as most 2nd children know - what are Miles' toys are Miles' toys and what are Hadley's toys are also Miles' toys. Luckily Hads is pretty laid back about the whole thing.
We really just spent the day hanging out together.


Hadley still hates rice cereal. We're going to attempt banana this week but I'm not feeling overly optimistic because as soon as the spoon get near her little mouth clamps fiercely shut.
Snow! Miles test drove his new boots and snow pants as we went for a sled ride around the neighborhood. I also made a mini snowman with raisin eyes which he stomped on. A couple of cute notes about Miles this week - his favorite color is now orange. He always wants to eat out of his orange bowl (if we tell him that it's dirty we need to prove it by opening up the dishwasher so that he can check on his favorite orange bowl). He also has been waking up each morning and from naps at home saying enthusiastically "the suns awake! Mommy, come here. Look! The suns awake!" If only I could muster that same energy and spirit at 6:00 am. It makes me smile each day and I look forward to going into his room to help him welcome the day and look out the window.
Hads is pretty much sitting up by herself now and there's no toy she can't reach by rolling and squirming until she can grab it and put it in her mouth. She's also been making motor sounds with her mouth which usually signals me that she's hungry. She also says things that sound like "hi dada" and makes a gargling noises that I can't even do if I tried.

Both kids are healthy for now - so let's hope it stays that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker