Sunday, January 15, 2012

8 months!

Hadley turned 8 months old this week. My how our life has changed (for the better) since her arrival. The kids are growing up so fast. Although I strongly dislike winter (most of the time) I do kind of like the pace which is much slower then the crazy, wonderful MN summers. The four of us are homebodies and there are not a lot of things better then hunkering down together for the weekend, staying in our jammies and entertaining ourselves.

Miles and Hadley are a constant source of entertainment. Miles amazes us everyday with the things he says. He puts full sentences together in proper English - like "Daddy, Ruby is outside. She is pooping in the woods. Ewww, poopy is stinky." This is impressive! He also has such an awesome imagination. When playing with Play-doh he'll make a bunch of people and then have them talk to each other. He also likes to pretend he's a puppy, named Milo. He likes to crawl, lick his paws, bark and eat from his plate without his hands. Like I said, he's a constant source of entertainment. He's also more of a daddy's boy lately. Mike was busy doing things around the house one morning and Miles was following his every move. Mike said "I've got a shadow" as he passed me in the hall. Miles then piped up and said "yeah, I've got a shadow." Here he is helping daddy hang some new pictures on the walls.

Oh my, our Rose is growing! She sits up so well and straight now - no more weeble wobbling for her.
She also is a very fast army crawler. On Friday, she and Miles were playing in our bedroom while I got ready in the bathroom. Miles came into the bathroom to hang out and before we knew it Hadley was peaking around the corner, crawling quickly to catch up with her brother. She's a girl on the go!
She learns new things everyday. Today she had water from a sippy cup for the first time. She loves feeding herself puffs and mum-mums. We love her so much because she's such a smiler, cuddler and she has the best belly laugh - it's deep - not what you'd think should come out of this sweet little thing.
"Hello."
"Hello. Do you like my hat?""I do like your hat!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker