Sunday, January 22, 2012

Baths & Potty

One of the highlights of my week was bath time on Thursday. Hadley officially outgrew her baby tub and we tried putting her in the tub with Miles. She absolutely loved it. She is our water baby! She splashed, laughed, sucked on toys and had this perpetual smile on her face. It was so fun watching the kids play together. Miles prefers not to get his face wet and Hadley dunked her whole face in the tub.
Bathing them both at once is not only super fun but also a great time saver for mom and dad!

Our second big news for the week was potty training! We went all in and followed a 3-day potty training method. It started Friday morning with Miles putting on his big boy underwear and throwing away all of his diapers. Pretty cool!
Is this for real?

Miles did so well. The method we followed emphasized having the child proactively tell you when they need to go potty and to be very generous with praise and over the top enthusiastic. I initially didn't want him to wear underwear at night but Mike convinced me that Miles is done with diapers for good - and he was right. Miles woke up from every nap and every morning this weekend clean and dry. He of course had a few accidents along the way but today, day 3, he was completely accident-free and so proud. We are so proud of him too. This is truly a big step and a big accomplishment. A small part of me feels a little sad that I won't be changing his diapers anymore - not because I'll miss the diapers but because he's truly not a baby anymore.

As the weekend progressed the big boy underwear fashion statements got more interesting...
In other news, although he's a big boy now, Miles still likes to be rocked to sleep. Mike or I usually sing "You Are My Sunshine" and rock him a bit before he goes to bed. On Saturday we had Darcy babysit while Mike and I went to a movie. She did his normal bedtime routine and put him into bed and he promptly told her "rock me." (I guess we didn't fill her in on this.) We don't have a rocking chair in Miles' room anymore so she asked him "how do you want me to rock you?" And he replied "hold me in your arms and rock me." So sweet! I'm glad that he still likes to be cuddled and rocked.

Hadley is now eating 3 meals a day and LOVES mango. Here she is feeding herself.

She remains such a joy. These pictures much more adequately depict her joy which is a direct reflection of our happiness with her. How could this little rosy face not make you smile?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker