Sunday, April 15, 2012

I didn't believe it...

I didn't really believe the hype around the terrible twos/threes. My kids are easy going and sweet. After this weekend though I'm starting to see what these other parents are talking about. Of course I love Miles and he's the sweetest, funniest kid I know but this weekend I think he pushed our every last button. Mike and I are usually pretty laid back parents but the constant whining, not listening (and most of the time doing the exact opposite of what we want him to do), tantrums over not wanting to dress himself and regression in the potty training progress we've made almost put us over the edge this weekend. Mike and I need to regroup and come up with a new strategy (in part consisting of us probably reading several parenting books) for keeping our family calm, happy and healthy.

With that being said, when he sits on my lap and looks at me with his big, blue eyes asking me to read the "To the Rescue" book for the 100th time - my heart just expands for love for this kid.

Anyway, if Miles was a 2 1/2 year old beast this weekend (don't worry - the majority of the blame falls on me and Mike - we probably handled things like 30-something year old beasts) Hadley was our 11 month old beauty. She is a very loud talker these days - she can really get on a roll sometimes mostly saying "Ahhhhh," "ba ba," "mama" and screeching in joy. She does this funny thing where she puts her arm in and out of her mouth while making sounds. She also has waving bye-bye, holding her hands up because she's so big, and playing peek-a-boo down like a pro. I also love this stage because she eats anything we put on her tray - even out eating Miles sometimes. She's getting braver with walking and now loves to toddle behind her walker toy and is finally getting little teeth on the bottom. When I start to think that this is her last month as a baby - it makes me sad because we have so enjoyed her babyhood so far.


Pretty awesome yoga tree-pose!Corey & Miles a blur of action as they wrestled.
Hadley observed the wrestling as she slowly ate all of her lunch.
It was finally nice enough to get the new sand and water table out. A lot of sand ended up on the water side and on their clothes but they had fun.
Yes, this is what happens when I eat dinner when I'm tired -I rub my eyes and food gets everywhere necessitating a bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker