Sunday, April 1, 2012

Drama!

Ten months is such a fun age. Hadley's interests and little personality are emerging more and more everyday. She's sassy, funny and tough! When something funny happens she'll look at me with a glimmer in her eye and then we'll both start laughing. She also tolerates Miles taking away her toys less and less - now she let's him know she doesn't like it by yelling, crying and holding on to her toys tightly. If there is music playing - even if she just hears a beat she's dancing and now she loves to sing into a little microphone.

Her vocabulary is mainly mama, dada, baba and other baby babbling but she is doing so well with her sign language - she signs milk, more, bye-bye and all done. Much to my delight, she's a total mama's girl - and prefers to cling to me like a little monkey whenever I'm around. Today she even cried when Mike took her.

Here I caught her up from a nap, standing in her crib, looking out the window.



This morning we enjoyed doing puzzles as a family.


Miles has such a fun imagination. Here he is with a motorcycle helmet on.


Big brother, little sister.


Miles can also be very dramatic. Hadley may have music and dancing in her future and Miles may have acting. He loves making faces to show different feelings.


Mad!

Surprised!

Tired.

Happy!

Sad.
Silly! Pretty good, huh? I love it!


We had a pretty low key weekend. Friday Hadley had an ear re-check and still has a double ear infection. Her ears have not been clear since mid-February and she's now on her 5th antibiotic. Poor girl! She also is officially teething - Mike can feel a little nub on her bottom gums. In the afternoon we met my aunt, Nancy, at the Arboretum and did a grueling 3 mile walk in 35 minutes - uphill, pushing a 70+ lb double stroller! Friday night we ate dinner at Old Chicago and Hadley was like a pageant queen - waving, smiling and flirting with everyone. The rest of the weekend we hung out, ran errands and played at the park.


Hugging bear.
When I was cooking dinner tonight Hadley had crawled away and I found her playing quietly by herself in Miles' room. I brought her back to the kitchen and after a few minutes she was gone again. I found her reading books in the sunshine.



Tonight Miles wanted to eat dinner at his picnic table. This two-year old keeps us on our toes!

1 comment:

  1. I feel kind of crazy saying this, but I swear I see some of Garrett in those pictures of Miles making funny faces. I think the same thing about pictures of Corey some times. Those must be some strong Nickolay genes!

    ReplyDelete

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker