Sunday, October 28, 2012

Lots of words

I'm back!  I had the best time last weekend in Phoenix which makes it all the better to come back to my little sweeties.  We kicked off the weekend Thursday night with a fancy and fun Halloween party at the Hilton Minneapolis.  Miles and Hadley in costumes were a hit.  Yesterday we had a great time hanging out with the Nickolays and partying with Corey on his birthday.  Today was low-key family fun with beer brewing (that was mostly Mike and my dad) and dinner with my parents.  Miles is getting to be such a big helper.  He took his leaf removal job with daddy very seriously, put away his own laundry and on several occasions throughout the day was caught helping out and being extra nice to his little sis.  He's quite the young man.  One 'funny' from Miles this week happened during a trip to Costco.  We were looking at the toys asking the kids what they might want for Christmas.  Miles saw a kid's digital camera that he wants.  I told him he'll have to ask Santa for it for Christmas.  He replied "yeah, let's text Santa." 

Hadley is our little chatterbox lately.  Her language skills have exploded so the last two days I've written down all of the words she has said.  I think the sweetest phrase she has yet to utter happened for the first time this weekend when she told me "I love you!"  She got such a positive reaction out of me that she's very happy to tell everyone else that she loves them too - you just have to ask her.  Here's her vocabulary list from the last two days (in no specific order):  pee pee, poo poo, I love you, mama, dada, My-my (Miles), Ruru (Ruby), please, paci, baby, hi, apple, milk, papa (grandpa), grandma, Darcy, yeah!, oooh-oooh (monkey), up, bye-bye, ball, Alleluia, Coco (Corey), happy, more, all done, cake, puppies, Chase, uh-oh, ah-boo (peek-ah-boo), banana, cheese, car, shoe, hat, Amen, socks, cookie, and cracker. 
What's a party without maracas?

A bonus of being best-cousins with the birthday boy - playing with all the new toys!

Cake!
 
"Cheese"

Hadley is a little mama - she's checking on baby Kenny

Jumping on the bed.

Reading with Grandma.

Cuddling with "papa"

1 comment:

  1. Great post Mike and Sarah. You have a beautiful family. I love this picture with Hadley (love the name) checking on Kenny, that is to cute. I came across your post while looking up leaf removal. I am glad I did because these pictures have made my day. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker