Sunday, October 21, 2012

Oh its on! (a guest blog)

With Sarah away this weekend I got to spend a lot of one on one time with the kids. We had a great weekend but I'm glad Sarah will be back tonight. Both our kids are very easy going and keeping them entertained isn't to hard since they like do just about anything. I like to tell Hadley to go do stuff like she totally knows what I'm talking about and most of the time she does it. I'll tell her to go get a specific toy or tell her to hug her brother. Its amazing to me that at 17 months how much she knows and comprehends. Miles too, he'll say something and I'll think where in the world did he hear that and then a few days later I catch myself says the same thing. Kind of scary how much they absorb from Sarah and I, well more scary from me then Sarah but you know what I'm saying.

Every week brings something new and the new thing that I noticed this weekend is that some times things escalate and its on.  Sometimes its a toy... well its almost always a toy and one wants it while the other is playing with it. It use to result in whining or crying but now Hadley doesn't mess around and if Miles takes her toy watch out she has a wicked slap to retaliate against toy swiping.  And I know first hand, not that I took a toy from her. We were playing in the basement and her head came up and hit me under the chin pretty good. I thought I took the brunt of the blow but she started crying and as I went to comfort her she smacked me in the face like I hit her on purpose. Now the hitting goes both ways and its hard not to laugh at them because they have little kid technique when it come to hitting which is, well... funny. But I have them walk away or apologize and they do but I know this is only the beginning. For the most part Miles and Hadley are buds and like to play with each other and when they hug each other it will make your heart melt. Here are some picture from this weekend, just dad and the kids.

We played outside with shovels. yes shovels! there fun!
Did art projects

I know Hadley looks very smart in this picture but I actually made the pipe cleaner glasses


glasses or cute headband with bow?, you decide

acting goofy

she was smiling then right as I took the picture this is the face I got. classic!



1 comment:

  1. Too bad we didn't know you were going solo also! Shawn was in the same boat here! I am sure he would've enjoyed the company since he informed me when he got home besides the 3 of them, the only other people he talked to were the Menards check-out lady and the zoo ticket taker! It looks like you had a good time! :)

    ReplyDelete

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker