Sunday, December 15, 2013

Family Traditions

We celebrated an early Christmas with my family and extended Nickolay family this weekend.  We have many traditions - some things we've been doing for years.

We spent Saturday at my parents' house.  There is something about a baby that brings out lots of love in everyone.  Baby Rylan didn't have a moment to himself because everyone was snuggling this little cutie.

The morning began with our third annual gingerbread decorating event.  The parents of all of the kiddos still have a huge influence on the outcomes of the project and sometimes more candy and sprinkles are eaten than placed on the houses.


Everyone feels proud of their work.


This party marks the last year we will celebrate anything in this house.  After 30+ years my parents are selling the house they raised our family in and are moving on to smaller and better things.

The annual girl picture - pomegranate and prosecco drinks in hand.

The annual guy picture - toasting with a beer.

Opening stockings.

Our two pretty, matching little girls.

Me and my little brother.  It's always fun to hang out with him - too bad he doesn't live closer!  (hint, hint)

Wow - that's a lot of presents!  We actually made a conscious effort to cut way back this year. 

Lots of cooks in the kitchen preparing a dinner of appetizers.

Per tradition, I make everyone pose for a family photo.  I know at some point someone will thank me for these.

Playing so nicely with Miles' new fishing game.

We're ready to head to the KC Hall in New Prague for party number two this weekend. 

Everyone's eating the chicken and ham dinner.

Like I said - everyone's so happy holding a baby!

The littlest kids accompany my aunts Sue and Carol by ringing bells during the Christmas carol sing-along.


This year everyone took a turn pulling the strings on the pinata only to find out that old Grandpa Nickolay had all of the treats for the kids in a box next to his chair.  The pinata was empty!


Miles and Hadley with their Great-Grandpa and Great-Great Aunt Lucille.

Four generations.

I got to celebrate with all 3 of my Godsons today.  I'm a lucky lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker