Sunday, June 27, 2010

We did it!

Being goofy in the bathtub.
Miles thoroughly enjoys bath time now!

Hanging out with Cousin Corey.
Stacking cups are fun!


Stop stealing my pancakes Coco!

The "before" - prior to haircut.

My little man getting the royal hair treatment.

Goodbye baby curls!

The "after" shot.
Miles is not quite sure what just happened.

I'm happy about my new hair!

Smiley Miles.

Cousin Corey's trying to swipe my food again!

So this week, after much agonizing and many conversations, Saturday morning we decided to take Miles in for his first haircut. We always think he's so adorable but after viewing recent pictures of him we realized his hair was getting out of control! We took him to Kid's Hair in Chanhassen (I was literally second guessing this decision the whole way there). Miles looked like such a little peanut in the chair with the cape draped around him. He was scared but luckily it was over quickly. Without the curls in his face you can see his big beautiful eyes and face. In my (unbiased) opinion he is still the cutest baby in the world to me!

I had 2 mommy moments of realization this week. The first was while we were eating dinner. Miles was happily eating the kale and swiss chard quiche I made and it dawned on me that everyone always loves their own mom's cooking. When Miles is old enough to have these thoughts he'll love my cooking too and think it's great. The second moment was this morning at breakfast. We were listening to the 90s station through our Direct TV and I realized that to Miles all of these songs that Mike and I are singing along to are "oldies."

Our family has had a busy and fun weekend. In between the typical, weekend warrior chores (housecleaning, laundry and yard work) I went to my friend, Amy's, bridal shower, we had a play date with friends Jill and Nova, enjoyed a pancake breakfast at my parent's house, went to my cousin Jennifer's graduation party, and a wedding shower for my cousin Scott and soon-to-be wife Michelle. I love these busy summer weekends and am already planning our family's 4th of July "stay-cation" for next week! Enjoy the videos below.






1 comment:

  1. I love the haircut pictures and video. He looks like such a little peanut, and it looks like he did so well!!! Thanks so much for coming over Friday! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker