Sunday, July 18, 2010

Walking!


Am I not supposed to be in this cupboard?

Ahhhh, milk!

If I fit in your suitcase can I come with you?

Grandpas make the best pillows.

We are firmly in the 1-year old/toddler years (even though I still call Miles my little baby and sneak in as many smooches and cuddles per day as I can). He's walking! Everyone has witnessed this awesome feat except me - so I'm really debating whether or not to officially record it - but for Miles' sake I will. This past week he took his first free and clear steps. He still is in the walking phase in which he resembles a miniature drunken sailor but boy he can cruise around now!

Other big Miles' accomplishments this week include:

  • making the sound of a horse (clucking his tongue) which brings his animal repertoire to 2 as we add the horse sound to the elephant sound.
  • making lots of silly faces (scrunching up his face, throwing his head back with his mouth wide open (this is Grandpa Gray's contribution) and sticking out his tongue when he sees us do so.
  • His receptive language skills are soaring - we can tell him "put your potato in the refrigerator" or "throw the ball to mama" and he knows exactly what we're saying and does it!
  • obsession of the week remains his new little kitchen. Opening and closing the refrigerator and oven doors are just too irresistible.
  • We're also slowly weaning him from the bottle. He's dropped the mid-morning bottle and took his first sips of whole milk this week. By the end of the weekend he was taking up to 4 oz. of whole milk from his sippy cup like a champ.
After Miles was sick on his birthday we took him to the doctor on Monday morning and he was diagnosed with a double ear infection so is on antibiotics again. He stayed home from daycare with G & G Gray on Monday and G & G Nickolay on Tuesday. Mike and I couldn't be more thankful we have family close who can take such wonderful care of Miles when we're not here. We have his 1-year check-up on Tuesday evening so I'll post his new stats next week.

Mike and I are celebrating our 7 year wedding anniversary and 11 year dating anniversary this month. On Friday I surprised Mike with an overnight trip to our first bed and breakfast in Northfield. Miles had a wonderful time with Grandma and Grandpa Gray Friday evening and Saturday morning as Mike and I went to a winery, nice dinner and enjoyed the new bed and breakfast experience at The Magic Door B & B. This was Mike's first night away from Miles and only my second. Of course we missed our little man and ended up looking at pictures of him on our phones throughout the night but it was also great to get out and about just the two of us.

Happy Anniversary honey!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker